Article by Lauren Martin
I have travelled across Europe, and stayed in hundreds of cities. Now I am going to share a recommended list of "must" see places to check out in Europe, whether it will be in 2016, or in the near future on your buck-list. There are so many incredible cities, so my list consists of top 20 destinations, based on quality, affordability and charm.
- A Beautiful Palace called "Palacio Real de Madrid," and is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family.
- This city is the most expensive in Spain, but it has amazing food. Try to stay off the "tourist" tracks, and find a place to eat off the trail.
- A relaxing and beautiful courtyard called "Alcazar of Seville" in the above image. This place is WOW!
- The dancing in Seville, which is famous for flamenco. There are so many places to try the dance, just look at reviews online.
- The image above speaks for itself. This place is ancient and is a true hidden gem. Try and catch a walking tour with a group, and explore the ruins
- Climb "Mount Vesuvius", this is something I wish I did, I have a friend who tried and it was an unreal experience.
- Visit the old-town of Nice, its beautiful.
- Soak up some sun on one of there many beautiful beaches, or take a dip in the Mediterranean!
- This place is stunning, and also Game of Thrones happened to be filmed here. You can go on Game of Thrones tours, or just tour through the castle alone (cheap and free).
- There is a hidden door through the castle, and you can sneak in for "free" onto the rooftop. (Just saying) lol.
- Check out the marina... stunning, and take a boat cruise.
- Check out the beautiful Hofgarten and park near the University... so relaxing. Or you can even rent a bike and travel around that way.
- Go to the "Hofbrauhaus"...fabulous and authentic Bavarian food and beer (not cheap, but worth it). There is also a tourist district with "TONES" of souvenirs, shops and trinkets.. we almost missed that part.
- Walk around Brussels on foot, so much to see, and grab a cheap beer (1-2euros) (you can walk around in public with one!)
- Go to Brussels in May for the Pride Parade, we missed it by one day!
- Belgian beer is... unreal... try all of them!
- Best shopping district..hands-down.
- Charming buildings, and every turn is unique.
- Best nightlife
- Beautiful scenery and charm every turn.
- This place speaks for itself in the image... stunning and paradise.
- The best seafood
- Don't miss the famous festival in Valencia called "Fallas" that happens for the entire month of March!
- The best nightlife, beaches, sea-food and sangrias!
- Paris is the city of fashion, so you will definitely find beautiful pieces on any street.
- Croissants... are not the same anywhere, the best I have ever had in life.
- Climb the Eiffel Tower...obviously! Make sure you hold onto your camera.. (I had dropped and smashed mine on top of the tower my second time in Paris..) lol.
- Awww...this place is the most quaint and charming little town. It is a must see, make sure to bring an umbrella...just incase.
- Try the waffles at "Oyya"...unreal, and don't forget to take some authentic chocolates home.
- Check out the Duomo in Florence, its nostalgic.
- Every street is unique with charm and beauty, take everything in.
- Get an authentic leather satchel or handbag, just not from street vendors (try small shops, and pinch the leather in between your finger tips and roll it, if it moves easily its fake, if it is strong and hard to move its most likely authentic). Just don't trust the "smell" theory.
- Check out the above image location... jaw-dropping gorgeous in the city centre.
- Watch out for bikes! Your mostly likely to get injured or worse by bike then automobile.
- Go to Vondel-park, and sip a refreshing beverage, or bring a picnic!
- Roman Colosseum, it is stunning!
- Take a metro all over the city, or walk! So many great places to eat and explore. "Try and avoid eating on the main streets, they are more overpriced compared to the off-beaten pathways".
- Want a real beach vacation? Affordable? Check out this hidden gem, in Split! The waterfront is absolutely gorgeous, and it has a marina.
- Go into the Palace! It has great souvenir shops underground, air conditioned, and Game of Thrones happened to be filmed here too!
- The seafood is ....soooo cheap and super authentic! Make sure you shop around for prices, and compare your options, but I spent 100 kuna = 15-20$cnd, on fresh mussels, shrimp, homemade pasta, and crab.
- Partying starts on Monday night and never ends throughout the week. This place is very youthful and is the best place if you wanna meet cool people, and have a good time, (Youth Hostels).
- You can drink on the bridges, parks, and many public areas.
- The scenery is fantastic, make sure to check out the Government building.
- Buda... and Pest are two different cities, that are separated with many bridges, including the one I am standing on called the "Chain Bridge", with the lions. Which side are you?
PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- This place is a dream. The charming red roofs and friendly people.
- Check out St Vitus Cathedral, Charles Bridge, and the Prague Castle.
- There are a couple quaint parks you can easily drink, and relax in, on the waterfront.
- Make sure you watch the sunset, and "time lapse" the moment. It's breath taking.
- Have comfortable walking shoes! I walked 27,000 steps across the city in one day.
- This place is... fantastic! The best nightlife, food, and sceneries. You will never get bored.
- Go inside the "La Sagrada Família", it is one of the oldest and most unique churches in the entire world.
- Watch a foot-ball game!
- Try some Tapas!
- Do some Salsa!
- Check out the city centre
I hope you have been inspired! Please "like" or follow me on Facebook & Instagram, StylistNomad, or connect through email at email@example.com for more beautiful pictures, inquires and inspiration.